Tuesday, June 9, 2009

it's a new day

Well, we're still here...still alive and kickin'....just trying to create our "new normal."  I'm not sure exactly what that will look like, yet, but I know it has to be done and I am staying focused on the task.  

Decided it was safest to start with "new" music today while out mowing...didn't want to go to my usual "go-to's" at a time like this.  I grabbed a Michael Buble cd off the iTunes store...was very impressed!  He definitely possesses a serious gift there.  Was nice to listen to trumpets wail and trombones sing, too.  The only problem was when he was singing the standards....made me think of Frank singing the standards with his hot band.  I decided I am just not strong enough yet for Frank.  That's all there is to it.

I am again reminded of what a gift friendship is; what a true treasure it is to have people around you that will listen and give (or not give) opinions.  I think I have been taking my friends for granted now for awhile.  That's one nice thing about this; hopefully I will rekindle some friendships and remember to lean on my friends when I need it.

Also wishing we didn't have to go through this...any of us.  Still worried about the ex-husband to be and how he is doing.  I guess emotions don't turn off like a faucet.  Well, at least for some of us, they don't.  Here's hoping he is able to eventually enjoy the freedom he so desired.

And here's hoping for a day where I feel strong enough to listen to Frank.  For now, there's Michael...


1 comment:

Jamie said...

Oh Cuz, you are a true sweetheart, thinking of others at a time like this. Just kidding. We Getskow folk were made from a different mold. Would not change us for anything though. Love you!