Saturday, May 30, 2009

scenes from a campground






I did the unthinkable Tuesday, taking Mason camping...without his dad or sister along for help.  (Grandma and Auntie were along, though.)  Mas was amazing.  He was truly a "Happy Camper", the entire time.  Through 4 1/2 hours of driving, 45 degrees all the way to 85 degrees, he was happy and cooperative; loving the scenery and the fishing and the late night bedtimes.  He clamped his mouth shut when offered a s'more, however.  Not sure what happened there, as he loved them last year.  I pulled our camper with our pickup, which was a new thing for me, as well as navigating road construction.  I was proud of us!  (Of course, it helps to have a sister along who is a Master Camper, and having grandma along is a definite plus on any trip involving Mas.)  My sister caught a 19 1/2" walleye, and my mom caught a 16" walleye.  We caught numerous brown trout, too.  It was definitely the best shore fishing we've ever had while camping there.  It was a great time!  Here are a few of the cuter pics of our trip.

No comments: