Sunday, May 17, 2009

Brrrrrr.....

Been dealing with cold temps here the past few nights.  I even had to break out the sheets and clothespins and cover my garden, as well as take in all of my potted plants.  It is the middle of May, Mother Nature...you could cut us some slack!  My cashier at the grocery store yesterday noted that "everyone is cranky because of the weather."  I wholeheartedly agree.  It would be nice to be able to go outside and not be cold....at least just for a day or two.  Did I also mention it's incredibly windy?  Yeah.  Not a great spring for gardeners, that's for sure.  Today we are supposed to reach 67 degrees, (I'll believe that one when I feel it!) and tomorrow they are forecasting 81.  Ahh, the midwest.  What a lovely place to be in the spring.  We have yet to go fishing, and I have yet to take a bike ride.  One of these days, the warmth will show up and will stay for awhile.  Like, through the summer!  I can't wait!

No comments: