Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Frank, Sammy, Dean....

Well, if you watched Idol lastnight and don't realize how far ahead of the "pack" Adam is, you must be tone deaf!  While I agree that it was very theatrical, his vocal abilities put him in a league of his own.  He tackled a Great Big Song there, (can anyone improve over Nina Simone's version?) but he did it amazingly well, and reminded us all that when you're talented, it doesn't matter what you sing, you can sing it and knock its' socks off!  I thought Alison also did an incredible job, reminding me that she does not need this silly competition to secure a record deal.  There will be people waiting with contracts ready when she is off the show.  I thought everyone did better tonight than usual, but was completely confused by the choice of Jamie Foxx for the mentor...what does he have to do with the Rat Pack, people?  Playing Ray Charles in a movie has absolutely zero to do with Frank, Sammy, Dean, etc.  Come on!  I thought it was obvious how completely mental Foxx was when he told Kris that he was his favorite....what the....????   I would hope that Matt is finally voted off tonight, and if not Matt, then Kris.  We'll see how it unfolds.  But, by far my favorite theme night, ever....those songs have legs, and if you can sing them at least partly well, you're doing something right.

No comments: