Tuesday, April 7, 2009

back in the saddle

Yeah, I've been a slug.  I could blame it on a lot of things, but the short story is, I left 89 degree weather, beachside, to return to snow and cold and eventually, a blizzard.  Ugh.  I think this has been the longest winter on record for me.  Enough!  I am starting to see why people like to live in places where there is no snow!  (And for me to say that, is huge!)  

Apparently, while greeting his speech therapist at school yesterday, Mason said "hi!" in response to the therapist asking him to.  Wow.  We have never heard that at home, so we are psyched!  Of course, Mas likes to pop out a word every six months or so, never to be heard again, so we are psyched, with reservations.  Still exciting, though, no matter how you slice it!

14 is gearing up for a few days off from school for her spring break.  Other than that, things are pretty quiet around here.  Waiting for the rest of my pictures to come back from my trip, so I can look at them and sigh!

1 comment:

Jack Getskow said...

Laurie,

Well, I guess you'll need send out some resumes to hospitals in California to get the weather that you are talking about.

Love,

Uncle Jack