Monday, February 16, 2009

sweepin' out the ocean...

Still here, still alive, still kickin'...lots of recovering and going one step forward, three steps back.  I'll get there, eventually.  We hosted a card party lastnight, and I was trying to clean without bending over yesterday.  (That was something in and of itself...a sight to see...damn near impossible to clean without bending!)  Just as soon as I would get Mason's toys put away, I would hear him getting back into them.  Right after I cleaned the patio door window off, I saw him licking it.  As soon as I used bleach wipes on the island, I heard him spit on it.  It seems the universe (or Mas) is trying to tell me something, eh?  Perhaps I shouldn't be cleaning!  ;o)  The good thing is, the people coming over were non-judgmental, fun, more-family-than-just-friends type of people, so it was all good.  I think it reminded me of how people without a kid like this just don't get it.  It's not that I despise cleaning, I just like to do it and have it stay clean for more than a few minutes!  I am envious of those who can clean, and look at it two days later and it's still clean!  Imagine!  Of course, it also reminds me of a neat little statement Howard's grandma made when Riley was little.  We had been over to visit her at her house, and Riley had been playing by her french doors and also by a picture window.  When we were getting ready to leave, I noticed handprints all over the door windowpanes and the picture window.  I said, I'll clean that up for you.  Grandma said, "No, just leave it.  I like to look at that."  How sweet is she, folks?  Amazingly so.  So, I guess I'll just clean "with help" for now...

No comments: