Friday, February 20, 2009

pause that thought...

I haven't been posting much lately; pain does funny things to your outlook, and kind of "colours your world" (in a non-Chicago type of way) so that things don't look the way they truly are.  As my pain is finally beginning to subside, (and the painkillers are dwindling down) I should have more insight about the world around us any day now.  

In my best Andy Rooney impression, "What did we ever do before we had Tivos and DVRs?"  The answer is:  I do not know.  We are so hooked on ours, that is a rare event that we watch something in real time.  (What does this mean for the advertising industry, who relies on us to watch their commercials??)  There is no greater feeling than to open up our DVR list and see a plethura of things to watch, all commercial-free.  I can't tell you the last time I watched a commercial.  It's bliss.  My mom says I used to be playing when I was a child and I would stop everything and drop whatever I was doing to run into the living room and watch commercials.  (Mas does the exact same thing!)  I'm not sure what happened to that, but at this point in my life, I have absolutely zero interest in commercials.  (That Shamwow dude and the other guy that screams about things may have something to do with that.)  That is my current thought on the world around me.  Yea, DVRs!


No comments: