Wednesday, January 7, 2009

40?!?!

I can remember when someone saying they were 40 sounded like they were knocking on death's door.  Hello?  Now, I am pushing 4-0...as in, in a mere six months from now, I will be having to answer, "how old are you?"  with "40."  When did this happen?  How is it possible?  I am as shocked as anyone else!  I never thought this is where I'd be when I was 40.  Not in a million years.  I suppose it's time to reflect, take stock of your life, and decide where you're headed...but, I'm too busy trying to think of a way to get away and celebrate this milestone birthday.  Luckily, a friend of mine is also turning 40, in March.  I am hopeful we can come up with something that will honor our first 40 years on the planet.  If nothing else, maybe we can come up with something that gets us out of Dodge for a few days and into a different environment.  The funny thing is, I don't FEEL forty...but, I guess every old person says stupid crap like that.  Sigh.  Here's to the end of my thirties.  

No comments: