Sunday, December 7, 2008

seasonally yours

Okay, I did it...sat amidst the twinkling lights in our living room lastnight and asked the fam which cookies "make" their holiday season.  I actually perused the cookbooks, and made a list...so, time to hand on to that sled and start flying down the preparation hill!  Next is making a grocery list and buying supplies, then it will be a (very) loud day of Christmas music and baking.  I guess the Grinch has eased up somewhat on its' hold over my holidays.  Today I get to attend the 5-12 Christmas concert at 14's school...yes, you read that correctly...5-12.  If I survive, it may help put things in perspective.  So, here's to the season....or to the going-through-the-motions of the season!  In other news, Howard put on our Rush 30 blue ray disc lastnight, and we were amazed.  Mason was THRILLED by it--clapping his hands, squealing, jumping up and down, smiling, laughing, jabbering, you name it!  We were so proud!  Especially cool since we went to a Rush concert while he was in utero--at about 4 months.  I have never seen him so happy and so intrigued for such a long period of time.  It was a moment of pure joy!  I guess that's what inspired me to get off my behind and get out the cookbooks.  Whatever it takes!  Can't think of much more inspiring than Geddy, Alex, and Neil.  Now, to figure out a way to get Mas to a Rush concert.  He would explode with happiness!  (Just don't think we can have him sitting right next to other people...maybe in the upper deck handicapped seating?)  Something to ponder...

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Perma smile while reading the post and leaving a comment. V-Record his happiness when he sees the disc. What a great moment.