Friday, December 5, 2008


Is it just me, or is it hard to ring in the Christmas season this year?  I'd like to blame it on the close proximity of Thanksgiving and December, but I'm not sure if that's all it is.  I had to flat out force myself to put up decorations this year, and I usually revel in it.  It is just because I'm getting old?  Or, old and tired?  Or, both?  I'm done shopping, so that should bring with it a sense of calm relief.  I usually bake a plethura of cookies, but so far, the urge has not hit.  I have yet to even lightly peruse my cookbooks for recipes...which I usually do almost manically from Halloween on.  Maybe it will come.  In the meantime, enjoy the distorted Christmas tree photo above.  It pretty much sums up my take on the season at the moment.

2 comments:

mrswade said...

And a big "BAH HUMBUG" from here too. I've not decorated either. I may boycott December.

Jamie said...

That is a wild pic. That is December in a nutshell. The pic speaks volumes. LOVE YOU