Thursday, December 11, 2008

C is for Cookie...

There'll be chocolate star ones, of course, and goofballs, and regular shortbread, as well as frosted  shortbread...spritz, almond bark covered peanut butter ritz, chocolate mint dreams, thumbprints with tinted frosting, crinkles, and a few others thrown in for good measure.  I'm talking cookies here, folks.  Lots of sugar and calories, formed into cute shapes to adorn a tray.  The kind that call you from the freezer and entice you to bite them before they've thawed out.  The kind that are too tasty to leave for Santa.  (Unless you're Santa.)  The kind that people say, "what is in this?" and you say, "Shut up and taste it."  It begins today.  And ends when the last cookie tray is handed out.  From Swisher Sweets boxes loaded full of goodies back in the 70s to tins packed tight with goodness today, I am going to be a baking fool for the next few weeks.  I may even post a redundant recipe or two, just to make your mouths water.  Let's go, people!  The ingredients await!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Can I order a tin of that? I'll put a check in the mail asap. I think this post is my all time fav. It has sugar, memories, sugar and your talents all over it. LOVE LOVE LOVE you!