Tuesday, December 16, 2008

15 below and glasses and eye drops, oh my!

What better way to start the day when it's -15.9 degrees?  How about waking up at 5:30 to start with, followed by having to drive Mas to school myself, since we had a two hour late start here and we would be at our eye appointments when the van could have come here to pick him up?  Follow that up with a dual eye appointment for Riley and I, where not only did I found out that I need glasses (for night driving, at least), but also that I now have astigmatism in my left eye.  We also found out there's a reason Riley can't see the board.  How about dilatation drops for both of us?  Burn, baby, burn.  (The good news was, no cause for Riley's headache lurking in her eye, and no cause for my non-stop watery left eye lurking in my eye.)  Then, off to pick out our glasses, then wait to pick them up, only to find out Riley's have a huge scratch on the lens and mine are completely unusable, due to the left lens being made incorrectly.  (My left eye has it out for me, I say!)  Then, off to pick Mas up from school, and back to the eyeglass retailer to see how long it would take them to fix said glasses problems...how does Wednesday sound?  (In an hour?  My foot!)  Let's just say the day started at 5:30 am, and I was home, changed into sweats and sitting on the couch at 7:30 pm.  What a day!  I'm thankful we were able to get so much accomplished, but I think today should be designated for couch sitting....except for the fact that there are still cookies to make...lots of them.  The good news is, it's only -8 this morning.  Heat wave!  Here's to quieter days ahead!

No comments: