Wednesday, November 26, 2008

laurie and the night visitors

I had a unique experience lastnight.  While I have woken numerous times with a "song in my head", lastnight was a bit different.  I usually wake up with a great song; I can hear all the parts and the harmonies and the rhythm section, the whole bit.  I used to repeat it in my head 7-9 times, then go back to sleep.  Of course, by morning it's gone...but, lastnight, I woke up about 2:30 with a great song in my head...all the parts, strong melody and harmony parts, and whenever I would start to fall back to sleep, the song would increase in volume.  The weird part is, lastnight I got the lyrics along with it.  Considering this a strange, beautiful gift, I actually got out of bed and wrote down the notes, counting, right and left hand piano parts, and the lyrics.  Weird.  The lyrics don't make a whole lot of sense by the light of day, but I still think it's cool.  The only part I'm still freaking out about, is after I went back to bed and fell asleep again, I woke up about an hour later....with the lyrics for the SECOND VERSE!  Hello!  I actually chuckled.  I debated getting up and writing down the second verse lyrics, but repeated them to myself and went back to bed...and of course, today they are gone.  But, I have the rest of it, written on a tiny notebook in my bathroom.  Now I just have to go listen to it all and see if it makes any sense.  Hard to notate notes without a keyboard sometimes, but let's hope I did it correctly.  If it's neat, I'll record it and put it on here...if not, I'll just file it away in the Very Cool Dreams category!

No comments: