Monday, September 29, 2008

ready for fall

Spent all morning and early afternoon outside....mowing, using the hedge trimmer on the shrubbery (thank you Monty Python), spreading mulch around the trees and bushes, pounding in fertilizer stakes around all things green, bagging up all the left over shrubbery messes....it's finally gorgeous outside and not all hot and sticky...yay, fall!  Now, I need to get into full supper mode and figure out what to make.  Riley had a long weekend full of band; am hoping she can chill out a bit this week before another weekend of band starts up.  Seems the demands of her life are a bit heavier than they were when I was a mere freshman...I wonder if the schools will eventually stop the pressure or cut back on it somewhat?  Seems it would be a good way to keep kids involved in activities.  But, what do I know?!  :o)  Off to the kitchen for some prep work...

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Some of the leaves on the tree have changed. Beautiful tones of orange, rust and yellow. Some have even fallen off the tree. BUT it is still hot as heck here. 100 degrees today and sticky. YUCK! I can't wait for the cooler weather. I am tired of walking around in an oven.