Monday, July 14, 2008

Just Say No



I think that Nancy Reagan had it right...just say no! I think it's a lesson most moms never learn...some learn it very late, and a few of us learn it early and spare ourselves years of frustration! I think I've finally realized that my volunteer/working for peanuts phase of my life is over! No more, "Sure, I'll do that," "Yup, you can count on me," "Yes, I'm available." It's time to do what's right for me and my family and my pocketbook. On an interesting side note, it's funny I didn't realize how to say no earlier...my daughter says it all the time, and I know my son thinks it often. I should have been listening to them all along! Here's to some great old adages..."Charity begins at home," and "Look out for number one!" Maybe there's some truth in those sayings. Here are two of the best reasons I can think of to say no to outside things...what more does a person need?

3 comments:

FishMama said...

Good for you!

Jamie said...

I shall try it! It's hard to say sometimes! Thanks for the inspiration!

Monroegirl said...

I should have learned it a long time ago! Hopefully I won't forget it!