Sunday, June 15, 2008

dad


And so it's Father's Day, yet again. My father passed away 10 years ago in May; so, it's not exactly a great day around here. He was a great guy and a good dad. Most of my memories of him involve fishing or camping. I'm so glad he took the time to take us camping as much as he did. (I'm glad for mom, too, who carefully packed and arranged our camper so we could go!) It seems so strange without him here. I don't think people get it until they lose a parent; how strange it is without them around. Unfortunately, I get it. I try to spend the day remembering him, but I'm generally happy when the day is finally over. I did happen to see a goldfinch visit my garden this morning, though, and it sat on my tomato cage for quite some time. I hope that was dad's way of saying he's okay. (Goldfinches are dad's bird...it's a long story that needs another post for total explanation...) Suffice it to say, I miss you, dad!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Beautiful post and great picture of you and your Dad and your fish! Uncle Don was one amazing guy.