Saturday, April 19, 2008

peonies and cocoa shells

Well, I managed to extend my line of peonies today and now have 10 in a row on the side of our yard. After finishing, I managed to check out the entire row and noticed how horribly out of line it was. Argh. I decided it was meant to be and left it that way! So there! I mulched with cocoa shell mulch, which feels, smells, and sounds wonderful. I made the mistake of showing Mas how to put his hand in the mulch bag, grab a handful of mulch, and put it around the plants. He proceeded to put his hand in the mulch bag, grab a handful of mulch, and put it on mom's back and head. Nice! I was covered in cocoa mulch before it was all over. At least it smelled nice! Today was the first truly "nice" spring day we've had; barely any wind to speak of, and nothin' but "blue skies, smilin' at me..." It was lovely. Here's hoping for a few more blue sky days in our forecast.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Oh what fun in the yard. I'm glad you are having some nice days. Blue skies are awesome. I have not heard of Cocoa Shell Mulch. Sounds really cool. Love you cuz.