Thursday, February 28, 2008

grrrrteen


Okay, thirteen. Let's call it what it is....THIRTEEN. Dreaded age. Horrible time of life. Arguably the toughest time ever for a girl until menopause. Argh, argh, argh! Riley is traversing the rough waters of this age right now, and I can say it's no picnic. Girls are mean spirited beings. Not to say they didn't used to be back in the day; they did. I went through it, too, but being from a class of 18 people with an average of 8-9 girls, you pretty much had to get over your disagreements and move on. In bigger schools, like we're in, you can just move on and you may never have to deal with that person again. I always wished I had more people in my class so I had other options to hang out with. Maybe it's hard either way, though. One thing I know for certain is; dog really is man's (or woman's) best friend. Hallelujah for the four legged creatures of the world! Cross your fingers that my daughter's 8th grade year is over soon, and say a little prayer for her, if you would. She could use some enlightenment right now and a reminder that all of this is just a blip on the radar of life. (They don't always believe it when their moms tell them this!) It makes me glad to be a woman of 38 years, with a few really close friends, a nice assortment of acquaintances, and no concern over what people think of my hair, clothes, etc. Let's hear it for middle age! Woo Hoo!

No comments: