Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Ahoy, mateys!






















Yes, I am still here. No, my life is not interesting, but that's not the only reason I haven't posted. Summer comes at this house fast and furious, like a june bug headed for your head on a hot summer night. We've been flying around here like crazy lately, doing our usual summer chaos...camping, fishing, gardening, lawn care, violin lessons, trumpet sectionals, marching band, pit percussion sectionals, school for Mas, trips to civilization to buy diapers and such, and other busy, time-consuming things that are too numerous to mention. On the fun side, my sister and I did the unthinkable and managed to go camping with our kids and our mom and grandma...no husbands at all. We are women; hear us roar! We had an awesome time and enjoyed being by the river. I will attach a few pictures to show our trip. The worst part of the trip was the rascally raccoons, which are able to open latched cooler lids and like to eat the contents; namely, rollepolse, dried beef, mini bagels, 2 pounds of hamburger, a half block of crisco, kuchen, and some cheese. They are no longer cute to me; just evil vermin which should find another source of food besides unwitting campers. Argh. Other than that, it was a fun time. I was thrilled with the camper and the driving/setting up/taking down stuff was actually okay; I am no pro yet, but I am learning. My biggest lesson was to put the cooler in the car overnight. Hopefully I've learned that one now.

No comments: