Thursday, May 24, 2007

Death of A Friend


Saturday night brought some very sad news to us about a great friend of ours, Bob Boardman. Bob was an ag pilot and a professional nature photographer. He was also one of the nicest, funniest men I've ever known. He and Howard would talk flying, Superbirds, hunting, photography, etc. He is the person who introduced Howard to the Big Damn Book of Sheer Manliness. He was so funny. You couldn't talk to him without smiling or laughing. We were so crushed to hear about his accident. It makes you wonder how someone who was only 40 could have accomplished so much, and makes me ponder my own obituary some day...what have I accomplished that would make for good obituary fodder at this point in my life? At any rate, we are certainly going to miss Bob, miss watching him fly, miss taking him for ice cream when he's flying in Turkey Ridge, miss hearing him laugh, miss riding in the Superbird, and miss the pride in his eyes when he talked about his wife and children. We should all have such an impact on those around us and leave such a visible footprint when we leave the Earth.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Laurie Ann...just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you today and I'm so sorry about your friend. Makes you realize life is SO short. Hang in there.

Linda Jean