Wednesday, April 4, 2007

where is spring?


Okay, being a South Dakota-grown girl, I know that normally spring is not due for some time, but living here the past few weeks in the 60s and 70s has made it hard to accept that it's still only early April. I can remember many good, strong blizzards in the middle of April...as much as I'd like to forget that possibility. It was 0 when I woke up today, which made the morning walk that much colder. To compensate, I listened to REO Speedwagon, which had most of their hits in the summer months, or at least, that's how I remember it. I thought it might make me think of summer and not freeze to death mid-stride! Perhaps we need more sun to make us all think clearly around here! Ya think? At any rate, this weather makes me forget it's almost time for the martins to come back; hopefully they had enough success here last year to roost in our martin house again. I hope they wait until it's warmer, though, as I worry about them so much and want them to be successful here. I will post pictures once we see them send out their scouts!

No comments: