Sunday, April 29, 2007

and so it begins...

We have a garden! My hubby built a nice frame for it, three boards high, that we can lean on to weed. My mom provided numerous large coffee cans for my new plants, and my daughter and I removed all the clumps of grass. While only being about 1/4 the size of the garden at our last home, this one looks much cuter and will be much less work...especially as this summer sees us with a camper in our lives. I'm hoping for enough tomatoes to make salsa and enough cucumbers to eat, and maybe some zucchini for zucchini bread. The peppers would be great for salsa, too, and I hope to freeze some green bell peppers for use in the winter. Seasonably warm temps, for a change, made it a great day to be outside. Today, I am off to plant all of my containers. I will post later on tonight once everything is in. Yea, Spring!

No comments: