Thursday, January 11, 2007

walking

Okay, I decided to try to stave off the January slogginess with a brisk walk this morning....I actually walked four miles before I started to worry about frostbit cheeks. Hee hee. Gotta love exercising in the Midwest in January. As my iPod batteries died about halfway through my third Rush song, it was a long walk of listening to my rhythmic breathing and trying hard not to count steps between sidewalk cracks. Whoever started that "step on a crack, break your mother's back" stuff should have thought twice before inflicting such obsessive behavior on our nation's young people.

4 comments:

FishMama said...

you crack me up! i still think about that when i'm on a long, monotonous walk. i'd love to go walking with ya!

Jamie said...

You are so right on with the crack thing. I have thought that myself all my young life and now as an adult! AHHHH!

FishMama said...

Is that Jamie my Jamie or another??

Monroegirl said...

Jess, I think it's your Jamie; not sure!