Tuesday, January 16, 2007

wait for the waitress

Okay, maybe being a waitress as a young'un makes me more painfully aware of how waitresses should behave. Or, maybe, common sense dictates that waitressing is inherently simple, with a few twists and turns thrown in from time to time. Whatever the case may be, I have some waitress gripes tonight. Let's call it: "Things That Make Me Not Leave A Tip": 1) If I get thirsty, 2) If I have to wave the waitress down to receive a menu, 3) If they sigh when I ask for a refill, 4) If they still can't remember to bring ranch dressing, sour cream, tartar sauce, or other condiments to the table, 5) especially after they've written it down on their order slip, 6) If I have to ask for silverware, 7) If they fail to wipe the greasy nasty mess on the table that the people before us left, 8) If they fail to bring your slip to the table or if they fail to come to the register to take your money, 9) Did I mention if I get thirsty?! Okay, that's my waitress venting for this evening....

No comments: