Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas Cookies....

It seems Christmas time is here. Isn't it funny how one bite of a Christmas cookie can just send you back in time? I love it! I had a chocolate kiss cookie the other day and felt like I was about 17 again...imagine! If only cookies were that powerful....sigh! I also find it interesting how most people will choose their cookie off a tray of assorted cookies based on what memories it holds, not whether or not it's their favorite taste. Taste and smell are such strong triggers for us of our past. I can remember my brother and I eating pieces of anise candy while standing outside on a cold South Dakota morning, waiting for the bus. Every time I taste that candy now, (ours was always red or green for the holidays) I feel my toes start to get colder, I think of mountainous snow drifts, and my mouth waters. It's not my favorite candy of all time, but just thinking about it gets my senses reeling. How cool is that?

No comments: